Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 creating a graphing calculator
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tubs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:00 pm   Post subject: creating a graphing calculator

yes, this is an assignment, but i am not asking for any help on it (yet lol)

I was just wondering how hard would this be? when i first saw the requirements i thought it would be really easy

it must:

have a graph with equally sized boxes and labels on x and y axes for the coordinates (easy thats just drawing stuff)

convert all equations that the user types in to y = mx + b form

be able to graph circles, lines, parabollas
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

should be quite easy... all you do is run a forloop from -half the screen size to half the screen size to find the Y value from the equation. Then you add half the screen size to the X to move it in place (so the middle of the screen is 0).

Also, instead of drawing single points, you gotta draw a line from 1 point to the next so that the graph will look like a continues line, not a bunch of scattered dots.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: