Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Windows Processes
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:48 am   Post subject: Windows Processes

How would I use Turing to figure out what processes are running on my machine and information about them (such as when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL) . Are there any specific methods of obtaining this information, such as File.Status gives out file information, is there one that will give process information?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

As far as i know that is not posiable by just using turing. Turing dose not have access to the windows APIs or much of the computers hardware. The only way i could think of doing it whould be to make some other program or application outside of turing and interface with it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you don't mind my asking, what did you intend to use this for?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just messing around.
------------------------
What programming language would be the best to do pretty much anything in, such as a language with access to Windows API's?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Learning a programming language after Turing is a lot of work. I find it surprising that you'd be willing to do all that work so that you can access the windows API.

What is it that sparked your interest in accessing the API?
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i wouldn't mind learning how to manipulate windows things.. of course i wouldn't dare try it out on this comp, but i have a crappy one that would be perfect..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wish to access the API so I can create my own programs that are actually useful. Like an all in 1 program to launch applications I use often and to see their ammount of memory and keep track of passwords, etc.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can track passwords, as in storing them in a database, using Turing. You can also create one program which will launch programs x, y, and z using Turing (using Sys.Exec).

The only thing from your list which is not very doable in Turing is viewing how much memory your programs are using, but you could always run task manager instead.

If you really want to learn a language that has access to the Windows API, you're not very limited in your choice. Just about every programming language either naturally, or through third party libraries has access to it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is there any programming languages that have access to the Windows API? If so can you list a few of them?

Mod edit: You've just asked a question which Gandalf answered in his previous post. This topic is now on a very short leash to being locked.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, there does not exist a programming language that has access to the Windows API.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I asked to list a few of them.
richcash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think the C and C+ languages naturally have FULL access to Windows API. I think Java has access to the Windows API through its library. [Gandalf] is right though, really, research just about any language and you'll see it has some sort of access to the API.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

vahnx wrote:
I asked to list a few of them.

That question was rendered null and void by Gandalf's preceeding statement. If almost any language has access to the windows API, you can list them for yourself. And if you're not sure whether a particular language has access to the API or not, find out for yourself. Google is your friend. So is wikipedia.

Now, I'm locking this thread. It's time you found some answers for yourself, vahnx.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: