Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 lil help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
my_skin_smooth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:35 pm   Post subject: lil help

ok... i have no life... so i'm gonna make a good game for turing... if done i will show it to u all...

the game is gonna be like starcraft... but a lot simpler... only air... 50 max units... but i have to make the map of the game first... i kinda have an idea... anyone can help me and give me an example of how to design the map?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Grey_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i would suggest designing the map in some sort of drawing program such as photoshop. although it would be quite impressive if you made a good map in turing.
born130

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i would suggest a constant background
poly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just like Grey_Wolf suggested... Photoshop (or even Paint Shop Pro) would make a pretty cool map. Hmmm making a good map in turing, is that even possible... like I mean a really good top-notch one that is, one of my friends made one for his rpg game, which got something like around 97% on it, im trying to get a hold of it, but Ive been told it has a pretty good map. You should make sea/land units too etc, it would be a bit extra help but would be fun'er as there would be lots to do
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think what he has to do is make two maps of the exact same thing, well sorrta, what he need is to have one map with the nexture and the other map full of colors and have them match so he can display one map and use whatdotcolor on the other and die shawn li
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, how did i guess andy, whatdotcolor.

anyways, making a rts game will be hard, the game is going to run slow, and what about fog of war? I think that's RGB, and that's slow. So good luck to you if u want to make one.
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Locked because of invalid subject title.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: