Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 make into .exe file?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cutecotton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:00 pm   Post subject: make into .exe file?

i finsihed yp rogram..and i really would like you share it with you guys. But right now there's like 50 files (pics, sounds) attached to it. is there a wya i can make it into a .exe file?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
azndragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, go to "Generate Stand-Alone Program" under one of the menu headings.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not sure, but I think you still need to include the picture files (not the source code files though... if file is referenced through include, it compiles).

So you might also want to zip the files into a single executable before uploading to submission section.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
azndragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Didn't the original source file have to be approved by either Dan or Tony before it could be posted as a standalone .EXE file to prevent malicious programs?
cutecotton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hm tks i tried to use the genreate stand alone program and it does need me to cinlude the pics and stuff...the program's pretty big with all hte pics and all...so i'm not sure what i can do. dton' think zipping it will really make it any more smaller...

If you guys wnat to approve it b4 i submit, tha'ts fine..as soon as i can figure out how to do it lol.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, thats the idea... I should clarify that under the submission forum.

You don't have to submit us any source code if you don't want... I'll just clarify that there's a possibility of malicious programs.

thx azndragon

to cutecotton: you can break it up into multiple zip files and upload couple of them with a note that all are required.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: