Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Full Screen
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
thuvarrakan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:07 pm   Post subject: Full Screen

I'm making a movie player. Its comming along but is there any way in turing to make a program go fullscreen with no window? Sorta like a MindowMedia Player or some 3d game!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think i know what your talking about. use this coding at the beginning of your program.

code:
setscreen ("graphics:maxx;maxy")
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can't do fullscreen with Turing. The best you can do is what ZeroPaladn is illuding to, except I believe he's made a minor mistake:
code:

View.Set ("graphics:max;max")

Notice that I've used max, not maxx and maxy. At this point, what is maxx or maxxy?
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The size of the resolution? - a few pixels for both x and y coor.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, you have to set the screen size before getting the maxx and maxy. They are not constant, they change with your program as you change the resolution. Max, on the other hand gets the limit the screen size can go to, not what the current limit really is. Ah, I'm not always good at explaining things.

How are you making a media player? As far as I know, Turing loads up the default player for .avi files, .swf files, etc. The most you could do is have some sort of animation...
thuvarrakan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:38 am   Post subject: RE: FullScreen

Well to start of, the movie player can only do greyscale movies! It seem to load faster that way. Its actually reading the movie, pixel by pixel, from a data file which i wrote with my movie encoder(also made in turing). It dosnt really open or read an avi file! But my teacher said its possible to sort of intergerate the audio with video like in the case of avi. Is there any way of making Windows run my program in full screen?
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for fixing my problem there cervantes.
Token

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Couldent you make the window larger than the screen in relation to the y axis, and then position it so that the top bar is off the screen? I'm not on a computer with turing or else i'd try it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can't overlap the start menu, and you can't get rid of the window boarder (with the minimize, maximize, and close buttons). Also, if you try to make the screen bigger than max;max, you'll get scrollbars.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
No, you have to set the screen size before getting the maxx and maxy. They are not constant, they change with your program as you change the resolution. Max, on the other hand gets the limit the screen size can go to, not what the current limit really is. Ah, I'm not always good at explaining things.

How are you making a media player? As far as I know, Turing loads up the default player for .avi files, .swf files, etc. The most you could do is have some sort of animation...

oh oh, I was answering Cervantes last statement question.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
oh oh, I was answering Cervantes last statement question.

Yes, but you answered it incorrectly. Wink That's what Gandalf was explaining.

maxx and maxy refer to the dimensions of the Turing run window. Before you initialize that window, maxx and maxy are meaningless. (Perhaps they would refer to the standard window's dimensions. Regardless, they are not referring to the maximum width and height that a turing window can take.)
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, I think that's generally the direction my post was going in... Confused maxx and maxy only mean something when you "set the screen".

Very interesting, you are making an actual 'encoder'. You should probably have some compression, since otherwise the file would be huge and take too long to load.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The funny thing about truign is all the dead ends, if someone wnated to they could write a command to run in full screen, truing already has a place for it but, it was left incomplete. I have no idea how you would do this though.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's really stupid how they left out so many (or at least a few) things from the good old dos-turing.

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?p=95934&highlight=#95934
thuvarrakan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:36 am   Post subject: RE: Setscreen

There was a DOS turing. Wow! but i gussing its not object orientated. But offtopic. Do you think if turing were to realse a new version, it would include some module for fullscreen aplications. Also i found in this form, that you can change the icon of your exe file with an another program. Does any one know of any program that could make you application run in fullscreen?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: