Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 using the GUI.Alert function
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jman571

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:09 pm   Post subject: using the GUI.Alert function

Okay so as you probably guessed already, I'm a grade 10 student in Canada who's class is using Turing as their introductory computing language. Now I'm no idiot, and I'm understanding how to program quite well, usually if I try something enough I'll figure it out, but right now I'm just stuck. So a few of my friends in the class have figured out the other easier GUI commands but I can't seem to get the GUI.Alert syntax to work. Would someone who knows how to do this please show me some example code on how to use this. I've gone over the section on this in the turing reference and yet it still doesn't work. As well I've looked for a tutorial on it to no avail. Any help would be immensely appreciated Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well since the error message displayed is "Alert is not in the export list of GUI", I'm going to make an assumption that Alert is not actually an existing function. Yes, it is mentioned in the reference, but maybe a) it has been taken out since an earlier versionl; b) not implemented yet; or c) accidently droppped from one of the export lines.
beard0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing 4.0.5 reference manual, under GUI.Alert wrote:
Note: This function is not available in the current version of the GUI Procedure Library (shipping with Turing 4.0 and MacOOT 1.5). It is documented here for use with future shipping version of Turing. It is likely to be implemented in the version of Turing released in September 2002. Check the release notes that are found in the on-line help to find out if this function is now available.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: