Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Way to get rid of huge white bar underneath input?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Da_Big_Ticket

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:40 am   Post subject: Way to get rid of huge white bar underneath input?

I am using a picture for the background of my program. Is there a way to make it so that when the user is typing something it dosent leave that huge white background behind the text? Its really annoying, and is there a way to change the font of the text that is defaulted for input? Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Look up Font.Draw, and getch if you don't already know it.

fonts tutorial
getch tutorial

Though neither is especially great. We need to improve tutorials!
jman571

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

from what I know (which isin't much) the only way I can change the input text is by using the colour and colourback commands. From what I've seen there's no way to apply the Font.Draw command to the input text.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You mean "get"?

I created a Font.Get() function, using getch(), to allow input of text, similar to Font.Draw(), and echo it to the screen. I suggest looking up getch(), it will help you create something similar. I would post my function, but it's not on this computer and you should get some practice creating your own.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: