Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing-MySQL (and maybe even PHP)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
JamesXm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:46 pm   Post subject: Turing-MySQL (and maybe even PHP)

Is it possible to connect to a MySQL database, via Turing?

NOTE: I have looked into this in minor details. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No. Turing's compatability is very limited, not to mention that it is not meant for such things.
JamesXm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you.
beard0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is half possible, though highly inelegant. What you have to do is write php code to a file, using a .php extension, use the system command to have php interpret the file, and send output to another file. You can then use turing to read this final file. Again, doable, but highly inelegant.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what? no.... it's very possible you just need to write a mysql driver of somesort (using the network capabilites of turing) to get things working.. don't ask me for further details though
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm sure that it's possible. Would be hilarious to just connect to some MySQL server instead of writing one of those common "database" assignments. Though the former is much more work I imagine.

I don't see a need though. Any speed gain you get from using MySQL over a writable file, you loose over your driver and slow net communication as that is one of Turing's weaker points.
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
I don't see a need though. Any speed gain you get from using MySQL over a writable file, you loose over your driver and slow net communication as that is one of Turing's weaker points.

SQLite?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

anyway to inline C/C++ code into Turing? Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
anyway to inline C/C++ code into Turing? Laughing

There should be, since it is almost no extra work... Then I guess it wouldn't be Turing though, and you would have to have all the libs, etc.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: