Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Opening more than one Turing window?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:08 pm   Post subject: Opening more than one Turing window?

Is there a way to have more than one Turing window open, and then open a new one from outside of Turing? I don't mean that you can open a new file from Turing and it will open in a new window, I mean that when you open a file externally (ie. by double clicking it from My Documents) while you already have Turing open it will not do anything. I have messed around with the settings a bit, but I can't find a solution.

This is especially annoying when I have something open, and then I download an attachment from here. I am forced to then either save it, and browse to it from Turing.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

IT si under preferences, allow more than one window!
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, I checked there already - first thing a long time ago Rolling Eyes. I think what you are talking about is the "beginners mode" thing, which I already have unselected. That allows you to open more than one file from Turing, but it doesn't work if you load the file from the directory.

Sorry if I was/am being unclear Confused.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have my turing set on beginner's mode, adn when you go to File > New it pops up a new window... i dont know if this solves your prblem but i try to helm around here sumtimes Crying or Very sad
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: