Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 song suggestions for riffer madness
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Bill S. Preston

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:02 pm   Post subject: song suggestions for riffer madness

i need some suggestions for songs to use in a game i'm making

if you want to get an idea of what the game will be like you can download
a rough version i posted below

This is not the way i the final version will look, it's just to give you an idea of waht the game will be like

riffer.zip
 Description:
only a rough version

Download
 Filename:  riffer.zip
 Filesize:  1.02 MB
 Downloaded:  92 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can't think of any specific songs right now... Check Notoroge's topic in the "off topic" section for some..

The most important thing about a game like this is to do some ''error checking''. Make sure that the user doesn't have to write the exact song or artist in the exact case. So if the answer is led zepplin the if I put LeD ZEPplIN it should still count. Things like that. Check out the tutorials section for "String Manipulation" if you need help with that.
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Couple of things:

That colour on that background does not stand out very well. If you're going to be completely text-based, at least add some friendly formatting to how the text is laid out.

Turing:

setscreen("nobuttonbar;position:middle;middle;")

Again, if you're going for completely text-based proggies, error trapping creates a bit more of a professional appeal. It's no good when the proggie crashes on Ctrl+Z.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Get some Linkin Park in there. Also, you should add something cool goin on in the background that goes with the, so it's not so dull.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: