Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help for big Summer project. (Important)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
create a player that doesn't have pause and doesn't have a seek bar and doesn't have lots of other things. Confused

Oh, you mean the player i created on my 3rd day of turing? lol! Laughing Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, so far whether you are interested in helping or have given some stuff already.

Jorbalax (Array Shuffle)
Token (Poly.Triangle)
jamonathin (3-D Box)
lyam_kaskade (First atempt at strecthing a cirlce more than on way.)
MysticVegeta has showen interest in brainstorming and maybe more?
Bacchus might he has posted a bit in the idea thread?
[Gandalf] also might help?
Cervantes is becasue he is helping people!
I think that is everyone so far that has showen interest. If i missed anyone tell me please.
Token

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet, looks like a great team Laughing where would we be able to rent a ftp server tho? i'm not exactly sure how to use those also, its just like a folder network online right? i'm pretty sure i've been in a few but i dont know how to upload and save to them.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ummm...... Question Question Question Question Question Question
why do we need a ftp server??Me confused!
Token

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i thaught somone recomended one to keep our files all in one place, but i suppose we could all keep our own projects going and then maybe swap to bug test or somthin.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

StarGateSG-1 wrote:

Geoff Stanley has show interest I am not sure of his compsci name?

Right here. Smile Sorry about that.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats you really, ok thats clears things up. Lol hmmm I will go fix the list.
Token, ethier I or someone else can be a database for all our files, we don't need to get really fancy.
Token

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yah i think that we could make a list of sudgestions somewhere and then just claim one, and start working on it, when u get bored of it or stumped then just take your name off the list and send stargate your progress. or maybe we could even get our own area kinda like the d-team, maybe one of the mods could hook us up? if not then we'll make do but that would be really helpfull, that way we could post our progress and stuff
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sounds good. Smile

I'll help ...when I have time Confused (just finished exams today)

Not sure if we need an ftp, but anything small should be alright, even angelfire allows 20mb ftp's at an alright speed. We could just post the code on compsci whenever we update it.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

As of right now I have collected all files that have been doen to this point and included an example with some, and will include more when the people who created them write them.
Token

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright everyone, just to recap, this is the list of people i have so far,
i'm working on contact information so if you dont have ur msn listed on the site or a profile with ur first name in it, i'll pm u for this information. Stargate is the one that started all of this but he is going to europe this summer and i will be taking over, i will soon e-mail you with the contact information for everyone who is helping, and the protocols of how we're going to be doing things, if you want to help but your name isnt on the list below PM me or post here w/ your contact info (firstname, e-mail, and msn) and I'll add u to the list. thanks for everyone who is being so patient while we try and get this all organised, and keep working on your ideas and i'll ask for your progress when we're ready. there is no rush and we're trying to make this as stress free as posible, thanks alot to everyone who is helping, even the littlest contribution is appreciated.

-Stargate (Co-Leader)
    -Token (Co-Leader)
    -Jamonithan
    -Cervantes
    -Jorblax
    -Bacchus
    -Lyam_Kaskade
    -MysticVegeta
    -Gandalf
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Who's going to be in charge of documenting the methods that are created?
Token

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If you mean creating a sort of help file: every time somone finnishes a function you will fill out one of those help templates that i sent out in the e-mail and i will compile a help file in the same format as turings help file.

If you mean integrating them into turing's predefs: I still havent decided, we'll see when we get them all ready, because we will do them all at once at the end that way we're sure that we have them all documented in the help file and we arent leaving anything out

so i would ask that anyone who already did integrade them please take them out, and send them to me (this was all said in that e-mail that i sent out last night, if you are on that list and didnt get it then PM me with your current e-mail.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Determining whether to add the methods directly into the predefs modules is a question of where they will be located in the final product. If, in the final product, they are elsewhere, then we should keep them elsewhere throughout development. If in the final product they are to be included into the predefs modules, it would be easier to incorporate them directly into the modules during development. If don't mind putting in a few hours and converting everything into the modules, that's fine. It just seems like a waste of time to me.
Also, I couldn't access the helpfile template. For some reason it downloaded as neomail.pl and contained a bunch of useless junk about fonts. Confused
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It worked for me, it should just be a word file. Ask him to send it again maybe.

About the modules, I completely agree. We should keep what will be in the modules in the modules and what won't out of them. Problems may arise or even unneccessary things might be added. A minor, simple example is if you were editing the Math module. If you were doing some calculation with pi then you could use the variable PI in the actual module - its pretty acurate.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: