Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help for big Summer project. (Important)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:14 am   Post subject: Need help for big Summer project. (Important)

If you Have Any Questions Ask Me or Token!

Ok, well now lets see if I remember what I said the first time. hmmm.

The Short Version... Just in case it can be recovered.

Ok, My overall goal is to create a team that will create new functions for turing to improve it. I need lots of xpert programers to help me over the summer. The point of this is to make turing better for future generations becasue it has no real world use, ecept for teaching programing to highschool.

Instructions on how to sign up.

-I need you to send me an e-mail to chrisciscoioio@hotmail.com
-In the e-mail I need your name, experiance, a description of yourself
i.e age, sex, interests etc. that is because it makes it easy to work together when we know each other. Also I will need a sample code module with a program example.

I know there were a few people that posted theirs on here please repost.

I believe I methioned something about requesting if wtd, tony or dan, cervantes woudl like to join up, and I know zylum wanted to. Anyone else is welcome I will need all the help I can get.

Final Goal: Convince Holt to add this to the main turing, but also to create a mod for people to download off this site, if that is allowed, I would have to check in on that, not with Dan as much as Holt, dan you are importnat but if Holt gives all clear I will still check with you.

I think I have summed up most of the lost data, but please I can't remember everything. For the record, people like cervantes, tony,dan,zylum I don't need code samples becasue it is plainly obvious you have the skills. Most people I will require code from, unless I am well aware of your work.

O yes, I will run this over IRC, but I need soemone who can handle that becasue I suck at it. Also I will need a second in command because I have to go away to europe for 2 weeks.

You do not have to join up to summit idea's, all are welcome, and if anyone takes credit for anything you will be punished.

Once I get a strong team together and can get everything organised, I will create a functions topic were you can post ideas
for new commands.

This project has been inspired by the recent uprising of anti-turing going on the site and abroad.

Ok remember add anything I missed.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Is this like a teacher given project? or self something?
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think you've summed everything up. Pretty good for posting at 2am too. I didn't know that you actually wanted this as a part of Turing, for like 'Turing 4.7.7' or w/e. I think if holtsoft did put it in, they would just take our ideas and incorporate them into their new update. They might take the coding, i dunno.

I'd be willing to help, however I wont be able to help 24/7, although I'd do the best i could. (my living situation is a little messed up) . . . (not that im dieng but, like where I live). . .

I'm not sure of what kind of sample coding you would like. Do you mean a run down example of B.Sprite or Dan.Sprite kinda thing? Maybe you could further explain what we need to know, and what Tutorials we should look at to refresh our memory on how to fully use the required commands or whatever.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I word summer implies my idea, but if some people don't know there may be others for for clarifeication its my idea, developed over the past few weeks with all the anit-turing stuff going around.

I need to talk to Holt about that if the time arises, but for one Thing I dougth we would get money unless, say it when to compsci as a whole. I don't think anyone will be able to help 24/7, not even me so that would be a problem.

What I am looking for is your first idea for a new command, so you write your own it can be simple I just wnat to know If you can do what is expected, the exmaple is just a small file to shoe to to implement it.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya know, my ego has gotten a nice little boost from more people mentioning my Sprite Module. So... Thanks Wink Back on topic, I'm not really sure how much of help I would be so I'm not going to send and e-mail and all describing everything and with a code sample (mainly because I wouldn't know what to code) but if some help is needed and I can help then I will. Other than that I don't know what really needs to be improved on Turing.. maybe better Net functions but I'm not really sure how to work those better.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, well anyways the turing sprite is crap so we would need a new one anyway. Maybe I will create that list of possible topic's, then you could join up.
Token

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay well for eveyone that was following this before the rollback heres my code as of now

code:

module Poly

export Triangle

procedure Triangle (a1, a2, a3, b, h, x, y, c : int)

if a1 + a2 + a3 not= 180 then
            Error.Halt ("Not a true triangle: All angles do not add up to 180*")
        else
            drawline (x, y, x + b, y, c)
            drawline (x, y, x + round (((h * sin (a1)) * cos (a1))), y + h, c)
            drawline (x + b, y, x + round (((h * sin (a1)) * cos (a1))), y + h, c)

end if
    end Triangle

end Poly

Poly.Triangle (60, 60, 60, 50, 50, maxx div 2, maxy div 2, black)

it should work, and it took a lot of trig lol but somthings off, i think it has to do with the rounding, ne ideas? thx

Edit: when you compile a program in which you have imported a module does it compile the module to?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, it will compile the module.
You're using sin and cos, which are for radians. Since you're not specifying your angles in radians, the result is not what you expect. You should be using sind and cosd. Didn't we mention this already? Thinking
code:

drawline (x, y, x + b, y, c)
drawline (x, y, x + round (((h * sind (a1)) * cosd (a1))), y + h, c)
drawline (x + b, y, x + round (((h * sind (a1)) * cosd (a1))), y + h, c)

Mind you, something is still off, as a 30-60-90 triangle looks the same as a 90-45-45 triangle. Confused Keep working on it. Smile

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'll help. Smile I think we need some more organization in terms of getting ideas, however. First, ask for different categories for functions to build, then ask for ideas to go in there. I think the easiest way to do this is for you to continuously edit your main post (the other one, not this thread) with the ever growing compilation of ideas and suggestions.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have created the Idea's topic now so if you need any idea's for demo's people you can find it their.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So who all do you have 'helping' as of now, or at least those you want to help.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey what about making functions that pause an mp3 or mid according to capabilities. Can that happen?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't think so. In any case, that's a suggestion for the suggestions thread.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Doesn't turing have its own player? I mean like it doesn't open your default media player after Music.PlayFile is called... So there must something that should have some control over its player. On the other hand, if it did, then holtsoft coulda made it by now Crying or Very sad
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing has its own player? Turing can play files, but it cannot pause them, and although it's possible to record how long a file has been playing for, there's no way to play a file from a certain starting point. Hence, there would be no way to pause. You could do other things, however, such as create a player that doesn't have pause and doesn't have a seek bar and doesn't have lots of other things. Confused
Jorbalax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's the one that I posted before, improved a bit:
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=9328

Sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind giving a hand.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: