Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 BLOCK DuDE HElp
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
lzbravo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:54 pm   Post subject: BLOCK DuDE HElp

i created a program called block dude just like the one on the Ti graphing calculator, i am able to move around but i am having problems with setting boundaries, picking up and moving blocks, and also freeing pictures. how would i make it so i cna pic up bloacks and move them around the level and drop them in certain palces, i would like to know how to set boundaries so my charachter can't move outside of the screen or move through the walls. here is my code so if you could help em with these small problems or give me suggestions on how to fix it it would be a huge help, thanks in advance
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Umm, is this Turing? As far as I know the TI graphing calculators only have BASIC.

Look up collision detection, Input.Keydown, and Pic.Free in the tutorials if I am wrong.
axej

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eh?
don't you have another thread on this already??
they both have only one reply, not getting much help are you?
the tutorials that gandalf suggested should work.
GlobeTrotter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Umm, is this Turing? As far as I know the TI graphing calculators only have BASIC.

Look up collision detection, Input.Keydown, and Pic.Free in the tutorials if I am wrong.

Actually, for this game, you probably don't want to use collision detection like you normally would. I reccomend looking up 2D arrays, so you can store what is in each grid space and allow movement based on what is in a given square.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: