Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Forward
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Reza

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:56 pm   Post subject: Forward

I'm trying to use forward for some procedures that i later want to define.
so i believe that's the right command,
but it gives errors and the command explanation on F10 doesn't help either.
Can u guys guide me or link some tutorial
thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

'forward' is pretty tricky to work around. It appears to work quite nicely for very simple programmes, but in my experiece when a programme was made that was a little complicated (procedures reciprocally calling each other), things got out of hand and Turing didn't like it.
Unless you have a very, very good reason for having to 'forward' your procedures, just sort them out and code them using Turing's limiting fashion...
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Why is forward hard, Delos I don;t get your meaning, using them is sooooooooo... simple and easy.

Like this

code:
forward procedure foo

body procedure foo

end foo

they don't get out of hand unless you try and call like ... let me to a test!

Edit: I couldn't find an problem, I tryed a few situations and I did't find and cofusion problems with it. Also I use it for when I do everything and I have never had a problem. If there is a problem its in his code, post your code let me see it.
c0bra54

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

me = don't get it why would you need the foreward proc command... should i jsut read the tutorial?
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

StarGateSG-1 wrote:
Why is forward hard, Delos I don;t get your meaning, using them is sooooooooo... simple and easy.

I don't recall ever saying anything about its difficulty. What I did say was that I encountered various levels of instability while using it at one point. Perhaps I'll try to reconstruct the error...it was a long time ago though.

Anyway, as you said, if we're to help Reza more, they should post at least a snippet of their code.
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[in reference to your new Topic 'reasons', which you could ask a Mod to delete for you and.]

Perhaps you could post the specific error that Turing gives you. Someone might have seen it before.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: