Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 TELEPHONE GAME
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Platinum_Playa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:15 pm   Post subject: TELEPHONE GAME

I really need help on my final project i don't even get the problem. I have to make a game that will convert an acronym telephone number and convert to proper numerical digits and vise versa using a telephone touch pad. Can someone please tell me what I have to do (or maybe do it for me....). Thnx a lot.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Do it for you? I don't think so.

The usual:
- show us what you have, code-wise. And I don't mean just dump all your code here and tell us to fix it. Find the areas that aren't working and post those.
- if you havn't started coding, what are you waiting for? You can start by drafting your pseudo-code. If you give a good enough programme description followed by your general thoughts on the programme as well as possible errors you expect to find - well, by that time you'll be ready to programme.

Now go forth.
Platinum_Playa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

But see the problem is that i don't really understand the problem so i can't really make the game. Could someone plz explain to me jus what the problem is so that I can actually know what i'm supposed to do?
jamonathin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What she means is take the letter and change it to a number. Such as "a, b, c" all belong to '1'.

here's a start to your program. Its done in a basic format, not using any difficult commands and whatnot. But thy it out for yourself.

code:
var letter : string (1)
var number : array 1 .. 7 of int %for all 7 digits in a telephone number
for i : 1 .. upper (number)
    cls
    put "Enter a letter"
    get letter
    if letter = "a" or letter = "b" or letter = "c" then
        number (i) := 1
        %Repeat this for numbers 2 - 7
    end if
end for
for i : 1 .. upper (number)
    put number (i) ..
end for
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: