Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Can't Figure out wat im doin wrong
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
KONjbnj

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:49 pm   Post subject: Can't Figure out wat im doin wrong

Ok i have to this program for this thing in doing and i cant figure out wat the ****** im doin wrong ive been at it for days (but i am a noob) so can u guys tell me wat is wrong. Everything works up to the point where i want it to display a "win" screen and "lose " screen i want it at the end when the person get all questions right to say u win and when the hangman dies to say u lose thnaks

Turing.zip
 Description:
This is the code and other things im using

Download
 Filename:  Turing.zip
 Filesize:  11.97 KB
 Downloaded:  105 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1)
Hello.

2)
Please edit your titile. "Please Help Me", or any of it derivatives are not helpful to anyone and will hinder you getting any help.
Make something descriptive like "Determining the upper bound of a flexible array"

3)
Please explain to us what your problem is. You have vaguely mentioned something about 'win' and 'lose'. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. But you make it seem as though everyone should.
Be more descriptive.

4)
It's nice for you to attach all of your code, and I'm glad you included your pics since the code would crash without them. But please consider this.
Your code is completely uncommented. Despite the fact that is rather basic, it is still code and as such not everyone will be able to sift through it to figure out your errors. That's your responsibility.
It is far more useful to everyone for you to post only the part of the code that you have identified to be giving you problems. If you can't do that, post the parts you suspect are giving you problems.

5)
Tidy up your post. You'll get more help then.

6)
It is likely there are more than 9 (nine) planets in the Solar System. Sedna (or as I prefer to call her 'Charon') could be the 10th. Wink
Bacchus

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Also, in the question it doesn't say in Our solar system, it just says planets.. I don't think any really knows the amount of All the planets, besides it would be a really high number.

@Delos: Why would you call it Charon? Isn't a Native Goddess, better then a Boatman to the Underworld? Also isn't Charon the name of one of Saturn's or Jupiter's moons?
KONjbnj

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OK if uv'e seen the program then u should understand what im asking. After the whole code is done at the end i want the screen to cls or w/e and put whether u win or lose at the end. I dont know how else i can explain what i want to do.

plz help!
Delos

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, if we've seen the programme we don't necassarily know what you are getting at. I'll reiterate. Code is no good to us uncommented.

From your problem description, I can only suggest that you incorporate some form of point-tracker. So, for each wrong answer they get, add another point to that tracker. If that tracker ever reaches a certain value, the game is rendered lost, otherwise, if they finish the game they win.

Turing:

var lossCount : int := 0

%...
% Wrong answer encountered
lossCount += 1

%...
% Check counter
if lossCount > 8 then
% assuming 8 is max number of wrong q's allowed
%...

@ Bacchus: I'm not entirely familiar with Jupiter's moons, other than Io and Ganymede (the latter the result of a game I used to play back in the day.) If Charon already exists, it's misplaced! If we have good ol' Hades floating around, why not have Charon close by to help out?
lyam_kaskade

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Charon is closeby, it's Pluto's only moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon_%28moon%29
Bacchus

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol So there it even closer to Hades. You know though, we need to name one after Dionysus. Very Happy
Delos

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well...I'm thinking that Mars would have been about as close a choice for that...being so red and all Laughing.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dionysus wasn't the Drunkard that everyone thinks he was. Thats his followers... Besides, DIonysus was more then just the God of Wine and Extacy, He was also the God of Agriculter (tied in with Demeter)
Delos

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm quite aware of who Dionysus was, though I probably can't spell his name. The reference to the red was an allusion to his love for Red Wine.
Ah, the joys...
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah, I thouth you meant it as his face being flushed from being drunk. Glad you didn't.

As for Sedna, I would like it if it were to be called Dionysus because in history there has been much deliberation about wheather a 10th planet exists. So to me it seems like that 10th planet has died and come back to life, similar to the Dionysus myth of his dying and rebirth.
Delos

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, in that case why not name her Atlantis? Too Disney-ish?
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't really get the Atlantis for a name for her... all that I can think of wouldn't make it tie in very well. On another note, we are getting very off topic here.
Delos

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

...in history there has been much deliberation about wheather [it] exists.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*Smacks Head* Wow, I am proven wrong. Razz Wait a minute... That isn't that hard to do... I'd still like Dionysus better though Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: