Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 "SaveFile is not in the export list of gui"
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jrok311

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:12 am   Post subject: "SaveFile is not in the export list of gui"

I get the "SaveFile is not in the export list of gui" error when running this program from the turing help. I am running turing 4.0.5. What is wrong with the code? Thanks.

code:

import GUI

var fileName : string := GUI.SaveFileFull ("Choose a Text File",
            "txt", "C:\\")

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Tuirng Help File wrote:

Note: This function is not available in the current version of the GUI Procedure Library (shipping with Turing 4.0 and MacOOT 1.5). It is documented here for use with future shipping version of Turing. Check the release notes that are found in the on-line help to find out if this function is now available.

Don't stress about it. Turing has a bunch of GUI commands that are just stubs. And they'll likely remain as such forever more.
Just stick with file saving commands.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya it kinda sucks that they will never change most likely. Maybe we should send a letter or something to HoltSoft.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How can we open a "Save" Browse box in turing? Like Suppose, lets take an example of the attachment manager in compsci. LIke when we click the browse button, we can see all the directories and we can browse accordingly. So how do we open it up in Turing. I know this is possible because Catalyst has done it in his paint program.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You make your own, hmm thatw as hard! Lol
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think Catalyst quite made his own. It looked like a normal Web browse box. There must be a command. Gotta find it!
Delos

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is a 'command', but as with this one, it is just a stub.
jrok311

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:40 pm   Post subject: question

How do you save a file in turing and read information from it without using the GUI save?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Read tutorials on File I/O
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: