Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 FINAL PROJECT...PICTURE FREEING HELP
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
void

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 1:23 pm   Post subject: FINAL PROJECT...PICTURE FREEING HELP

THIS IS MY FINAL ASSIGNMENT IN A .RAR ARCHIVE....I NEED HELP ON HOW TO GET THESE PICTURES TO DISAPPEAR WHEN THEY ARE HIT.... I KNOW HOW TO DETECT THEM...BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT WHICH ONE IT IS...THIS IS MY PLAY:
1- LOAD THE PICTURES AS AN ARRAY (OF 18)
2- DETECT WHICH ONE HAS BEEN HIT
3- FREE THE PIC THAT HAS BEEN HIT
NUMBER TWO IS THE MISSING PART.....ANY IDEAS....
NOTE: I HAVENT LOADED THE PICTURES AS AN ARRAY ON THE VERSION THAT I UPLOADED...BUT IM SURE THAT YOU CAN FIX THAT IN NO TIME..LIKE 5 SECONDS TO CHANGE THE VARIABLE TO AN ARRAY AND THEN ANOTHER FIVE TO CALL EACH ONE

space shooter.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  space shooter.rar
 Filesize:  211.35 KB
 Downloaded:  412 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well after the click, you just go in a forloop

for i:1 to maxPictures
if picture(i) is hit then
you know its picture i...

you can remove it from the array and resort if it you want
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

make a post in caps again and I will hunt you down and KILL YOU! Twisted Evil

seriously though, it hurts the eyes.
void

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry asok......i still dont get it tony....i mean...im not sure how to figure out whats been hit...i know that the for loop thingy will work..but that if statement....how am i supposed to figure out which ones been hit..i can record what the x,y position was for each picture and then figure it out fomr thee...but is there a less time consuming way to do it....oh yea...asok
CAPS RULES.....CAPS IS THE TYPING STYLE OF THE SUPERIOR PEOPLE....IM NOT SURE WHY IM USING CAPS LOCK THEN.....I THINK ILL START USING NORMALS LOWER CASE....yea...i will.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, you basically just compare mouse X/Y to X/Y of all the clickable objects
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
hello

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:58 pm   Post subject: can u post it using zip file

can u post the prog in zip file i dun have winace
void

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont have winzip.....(winAce doesnt need to be registered....winzip is very annoying...and winace is editable in its archive format....zip files are very pointless if you wanna update them often..)....sorry hello....guess u cant help me
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: