Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I just strated learning turing and I would like someone
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mmarko848

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:34 pm   Post subject: I just strated learning turing and I would like someone

if they could show me how to make a basic turing game, I have made high low game and find me, I would like if someone could teach me how to make one more basic game..thx alot
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Notoroge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

May I be the first to say, "Huh? Eh"
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... Do you have any suggestions?

You could try to do a program where it shows the first letter of a word, and you have to try to guess it. Every time you guess wrong you get another letter of the word, but get less points for it.

Here are the first two lines of code (probably).

code:
var words : array 1 .. 5 of string := init ("dirt", "stuff", "people", "program", "compsci")
var word := Rand.Int(1,upper(words))

Check out how the tutorial on String manipulation, and anything else about "index".
mmarko848

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
hmm... Do you have any suggestions?

You could try to do a program where it shows the first letter of a word, and you have to try to guess it. Every time you guess wrong you get another letter of the word, but get less points for it.

Here are the first two lines of code (probably).

code:
var words : array 1 .. 5 of string := init ("dirt", "stuff", "people", "program", "compsci")
var word := Rand.Int(1,upper(words))

Check out how the tutorial on String manipulation, and anything else about "index".

could you help me with the rest of the codes?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you read the tutorial?
You have to write your own programs, remember.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Also may i add that there are many "turing for dummies" tutorials in the tut section and also the great "game ideas" sticky. They are awesome sources check them out! Smile
mmarko848

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
Also may i add that there are many "turing for dummies" tutorials in the tut section and also the great "game ideas" sticky. They are awesome sources check them out! Smile

could you give me a link to that forums...thx
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sigh... its right on top of this one...

Go here for a good tutorial which will say where everything you need to know is, at least for now Wink

OOps, forgot to add the link:
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=8808
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: