Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 split screen
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
dejan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:09 pm   Post subject: split screen

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a split screen game in turing. If so how do you do it?[/b]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
void

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now its been a while so i forget but i think its something along the lines of this

code:

var i : int := Window.Open ("graphics:x,y")//opens a new window
var i2: int := Window.Open ("graphics:x,y")//opens a new window
Window.Select (i)//selects the i window
Window.Close (i2)//closes the i2 window

hope that helps
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well you split your screen into two distinct areas. Say (0,0) to (maxx,maxy/2) and (0,maxy/2) to (maxx,maxy)

Now the bottom player you do as you would if your window was half the size. Assume maxy/2 for your maxy.

Do the same for the top player, but now shift everything maxy/2 up, so that two "screens" don't overlap.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yep, trust tony on this one. Drawing everything to a single screen is much faster for your program then opening up and updating 2 different windows. Especially with the inclusion of View.UpdateArea, making split screen should just be about drawing to 2 different areas predefined in your program.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: