Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Chess, HAS AI NOW (3D)
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
alikhan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:07 pm   Post subject: Chess, HAS AI NOW (3D)

for now its crude, about 4-5 hours of work including breaks, the graphics are simply text. plz lemme know if u find glitches. those of which i know is that king can be killed, he can walk into checks, and no castling and enpasnet

ChessMaster.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ChessMaster.zip
 Filesize:  11.29 KB
 Downloaded:  914 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's a bug... if a pawn has the option of capturing a piece, you're allowing it to turn diagonally in the opposite direction. This is an improvement over the last version you sent me -- where you could capture diagonally if there was a piece in front of the pawn. But now, you've just gotta make sure the pawn is capturing in the same direction as the piece Smile

Keep it up! A good start on your project ^_^
alikhan

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

updated. not much better, havent worked on it much, removed most bugs. the game still has no end, and no castling or enpassent
alikhan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now has AI. i would appreciate if people tested this out for me
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good job, its a start. I beat it quite fast, its not that good but it moves quick, which is important. It would be much easier to test with some graphics - shouldn't be too hard with what little I know of Java.

Which method do you use for the ai?
alikhan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oops sry, i sent the buggy one in. here try the new one i have updated it in the first post. details on the attachment cut of if u would care to know what my logic for the AI is just ask. and my AI is in the "AI" method. thats what its called
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Not bad dude... something u might want to consider is adding like a blue border around the 'last move' sort of like in yahoo chess because it's hard to see where the computer moved especially because there's not graphics.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

He's taken the program a lot farther than what he posted here. It's now using Java3D to generate a pretty rotatable board. I'll ask him if I can post it here for you guys to see.

Oh, he got 100 on this as a final project Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
alikhan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have posted it in the 2004/05 thread...thats the fully updates one Very Happy check it out
jacklarry

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Chess, HAS AI NOW (3D)

it says exception in thread main. where is the main method? can u tell me what i can do to it
Reality Check

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Chess, HAS AI NOW (3D)

Not bad dude. Chess is pretty challenging, especially the AI. You should add a graphical element to it though just to make it a bit nicer. It wouldn't be hard to add images. The AI needs touch ups though. It feels too easy and your AI is set up with a "winning" attitude. It often disregards where my pieces are and what moves are best in that situation...but than I guess that is asking too much of you.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: