Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Animation Problem
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Sporg

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:55 am   Post subject: Animation Problem

hello everybody, im in a programming class at school and we use turing. I have an assignment im doing in class. all i have to do is make a small program that uses animation. So im making a program where there is a cannon at the bottom of the picture that moves side to side, and shoots a cannon ball. I havnt gotten to the cannon ball yet. however im having a problem with the cannon, when it moves side to side it leaves streaks and i have no idea how to get rid of them.

code:
setscreen("graphics:600,400")%Sets screen size

var background : int %Variable for background
background := Pic.FileNew ("background.jpg") %Calls the photo used for background
Pic.Draw (background,0,0, picUnderMerge) %Displays photo in window

process CannonControl

var Cannon : int := Pic.FileNew ("Cannon.jpg")
Pic.SetTransparentColour(Cannon, white)
var x,y :int :=0
var hit : boolean := false

loop
var press :array char of boolean
Pic.Draw(Cannon,x,y,picMerge)
Pic.SetTransparentColour(Cannon, white)
Input.KeyDown (press)
if press (KEY_RIGHT_ARROW) then
Pic.Draw(Cannon,x+2,y,picMerge)
View.Update
x+=1
elsif press (KEY_LEFT_ARROW) then
Pic.Draw(Cannon,x-2,y,picMerge)
View.Update
x-=1
end if
end loop
end CannonControl

%Main Program
fork CannonControl

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That programs a mess yo. Ok, first of all, you need to post pictures with your file (In a ZIP or RAR file).

Now, DO NOT USE PROCESSES. You dont even need it. For the most part, processes are only good for playin .wavs or .mp3s. Just use a procedure.

White is turing's default transparency color, so you dont need to use that command. And even If you were changing it to green or something, you only need to do it once, not every time through the loop. Same thing with your button var, only once in loop.

You only need to draw your cannon once. And dont put x + 2 and x - 2 in the Pic.Draw, because then it will look wierd when you move. Just have the x values +- 1, and that will be enough.

In order to use View.Update, you must have offscreenonly in your setscreen options.
Quote:
setscreen ("graphics:600,400,offscreenonly")

Also, I recommend your "cannon" picture to be .bmp because .jpg means it wont be as clean, the program that made it .jpg will try to make it look better and you'll have unnecessary blocks of different colors everywhere. Open it back up in paint, clean out the grey blocks or whatever and save it as .bmp.

This is the format your loop should be in.
Turing:

loop
     cls
     Input.Keydown (press)
     % Check Movements (press (KEY_LEFT_A... and so on)
     Pic.Draw (background)
     Pic.Draw (cannon)
     View.Update
     delay (w/e)
end loop

Clean up those things and reply back if there's still a problem Razz
Sporg

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:25 pm   Post subject: Thanks

thanks for the help, i was able to fix my program, and i will take your advice with attaching my program as a zip next time.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: