Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Game problem....
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dudewhatzup1

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:10 am   Post subject: Game problem....

I have a million questions but first... How do you display a background? 2nd is how do you make the character move... and if you dont mind could u try to explain wut each part of the program does? that would help ALOT!!
thnx Laughing (p.s. im new only know basic functions like vars and const and strings... Embarassed )
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
lil_mickey

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, if i told you now, you probably wouldnt understand...theres still alot for you to learn before trying your hand at animations and games.i suggest learning about stuff like loops, functions ,procedures , etc. first. There are several tutorials on them in the tutorial forum. trust me, procedures in particular, are crucial when it comes to animation and games.You sound very excited to start making games, and thats cool....but you gotta get all the basics down first Wink I would suggest not attempting a game until you are familiar with using all the basics i mention above ( i should probably add arrays to the list...). It may sound like alot, but trust me, they dont take too long to get used to . I think your next step would be to master loops: http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3678

from there move on to conditions...then functions and procedures...then arays...after you learn those skills, animation should be your next step. 8)

Youve got to learn to crawl before you can walk Wink
Dudewhatzup1

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol good idea k thnx alot hopefully one day Rolling Eyes i will learn them lol
thnx
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: