Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Final year end project!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
docmur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:27 pm   Post subject: Final year end project!

Hello I would like some help with a feature of turing that I have not has to deal with before.

My game starts with a menu with the selections

New Game
Load Game
Multiplayer TCP/IP
Options
Info
Exit

The menu uses about that spacing. the background is black, what I would like to get help with is I need it so when the player presses the Up arrow a Yellow box appears highlighting the word. I also need it so when they hit the down key the box moves down to the next word. I will include my source code if it is need for help.

MAKE SURE TO CLICK NEWGAME.T to run the game!!!!

Unnamed.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Unnamed.t
 Filesize:  2.61 KB
 Downloaded:  147 Time(s)

NewGame.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  NewGame.t
 Filesize:  88 Bytes
 Downloaded:  120 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Have a variable (integer) store the number of the currently selected menu. If the up arrow is pushed, check if the value is at a maximum. If it is, move it to it's minimum. Otherwise, move it up one. Similarly for the down key: if the down key is pushed, check if the value is at a minimum. If it is, move it up to it's maximum. Else, move it down one.

The value of this variable determines which menu is selected, and therefore determines where to draw your yellow box.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: