Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help : Converting strings into int values
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Bakon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:34 am   Post subject: Need help : Converting strings into int values

Alright, so Im trying to convert string input, into integer values. Im using the GUI.CreateTextField function to gather the information from the user of the program, but when you instert integer values such as "5" or "100", when then rpogram runs and displays the values inserted it seems to be showing the values in integervaleus of string, so like something like "180004", how can I convert these values into regular integer values, so when I type 5, it displays 5.

I think something to do with strint, and intstr?

thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This is straight from the help file (because I've never used this function)
Turing:
procedure AddressEntered (text : string)
            GUI.SetSelection (nameTextField, 0, 0)
            GUI.SetActive (nameTextField)
        end AddressEntered

If you want the text to be int, change text : string to text : int. Or, are you trying to take the number value from the string (such as the numbers from an adress)?
Bakon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya I tried changed text : string, into text : int but it didnt work Sad But thanks Ill mess around with that.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: