Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Flash, gif, video in turing?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:32 pm   Post subject: Flash, gif, video in turing?

Is it possible to import any type of animation inot turing directly without having ot draw every individual picture. Such as an animated gif. I would also like to know if you can use flash files or aany video files in turing. Thx for the info.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Flash, gif, video in turing?

Jonny Tight Lips wrote:
Is it possible to import any type of animation inot turing directly without having ot draw every individual picture. Such as an animated gif. I would also like to know if you can use flash files or aany video files in turing. Thx for the info.

Nope. Smile
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sort of... if you take a .gif, you can use a program (irfanview for sure, but there's probably others as well) that can extract all the frames from it. Then you can load them up in Turing, and animate them as necessary.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You can use the default video player to play a specific video, using
code:

Sys.Exec (movieName)
Lazarus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't feel bad eh, I was also looking for a way to import gif files so I could have some sort of a graphic without having to animate it. I never found away to do this without having to animate it. If you find away, let me know.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Two ways really to do it (Clarifying it);

Take each frame and run them one by one on top of them.

Or

Execute the actual animation outside of turing like so;

code:
Sys.Exec (movieName)
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

didn't they just say that??? Confused
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

didn't hey just say that flik?? Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin wrote:
didn't hey just say that flik?? Confused

Why did you post twice?

And I said I was just clarifying. : )
Lazarus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe he/she has a slow connection and didn't think they clicked the button, so clicked it again... possible isn't it?
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lazarus wrote:
maybe he/she has a slow connection and didn't think they clicked the button, so clicked it again... possible isn't it?

Nope because they are different messages. The second one has my name, the otherone doesn't. Perhaps hit send, hit stop and put "flik" and then sent again?
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm at a hotel right know "Country Inns by Carltons" or something cuz I have a training camp tomorrow. Their internet is wireless, and about every 5 minutes it flickers, and I lose my connection, and that probabily happend during posting.

EDIT: I actually remember doing it twice know that I see the different messages. The first time it went to a Cannot Display page or w/e, and when i went back all my text was gone, so i had to re-type it.

Quote:

It's a he, thanks Razz
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: