Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Closing the default windows
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Universal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:14 am   Post subject: Closing the default windows

How do you close the default window that turing opens without it being declared as a variable.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

There's something about a default window id, but I can't remember exactly. Why not just avoid opening the window? It shouldn't open on it's own, unless you're drawing or outputting text, in which case you could just open your own window first.
Right? I may be wrong about this, maybe you could give more details about what you're trying to accomplish.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it's defWinID or something along those lines.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flik the window master comes to the rescue!

Window.Close (-1)

Technically that should work because the default ID is -1 (defWinID)

but as you can see you get an error.

Closing the Standard Stream isn't allowed which im sure is the defWinID :/

If I figure something out ill come post it here, for now you will have to declare it.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think if you use Window.Hide (defWinID) at the end it'll work. Not positive though.
beard0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
There's something about a default window id, but I can't remember exactly. Why not just avoid opening the window? It shouldn't open on it's own, unless you're drawing or outputting text, in which case you could just open your own window first.
Right? I may be wrong about this, maybe you could give more details about what you're trying to accomplish.

This does work. I have done programs this way. In turing help manual for View.Set:

"visible", "invisible", "popup" - Causes the active window to become visible (invisible or, for popup, invisible until input or output occurs in the window).

The default window is set to popup, and cannot ever be fully closed.
Universal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dam so there really isnt any way to close it only stealth it.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ohh, that is soo evil, the power of Turing! Combine that with Martin's virus ideas and Twisted Evil

Oops, shouldn't have said that Shifty Naughty
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: