Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GUI - Relationships
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:40 am   Post subject: GUI - Relationships

Alright, heres my current dilemma:

I am in the process of taking my "Portable Map Creator" and putting it into a GUI based system, where you can basically create a new map, import tiles, place tiles, save map, import into turing, etc.

In the turing reference, under frames it states:
Frames are the only GUI widgets that can have other widgets placed within them. Frames are passive widgets, meaning that they do not respond to button clicks or keystrokes.

I was under the impression that meant that frames could be used to make parent/child relationships between the frame and other objects.
What I am trying to do is this: I am trying to find out how to create a canvas, inside the frame, as a child object. So far, I havent been able to find a way to do it. Any ideas? Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

take a look at this. I used this for one of my games that I made, and rpg, and the coding may not be perfect since I used it for my own use, and wouldn't really care what anyone thought about it, but there might be some stuff on there that may help you out.

mapmaker.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mapmaker.zip
 Filesize:  4.56 KB
 Downloaded:  125 Time(s)

TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It seems to crash because of an Access Violation Crying or Very sad
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, my bad, you just have to change line 37. I forgot to set it to default to a blank image, not a previous made one.
code:

pic (upper (pic)) := Pic.FileNew (filename)

% To

pic (upper (pic)) := Pic.New (a, b, c, d)
TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok... well its kinda what im doing. Except mine is a lot more advanced. My only problem right now is the canvas not working right. Other than that, you can create, open, modify, save, and load maps into turing.

I guess ill just find some other way to do it.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GUI = not more advanced. It practically does everything for you. Yeah it looks fancier, but fancy doesn't mean advanced.
GUI = more user friendly.
TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok sorry. Not more advanced, just more options that im creating, that I didnt see in yours, like collision, tile editing, and that you can import more tiles.

Didnt mean to offend Confused
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no worries man
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
c0bra54

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rawwrr Rob Razz

lol so you finally got it to work.. well kinda, lol

here have some bits, o and post the new vers you have, i wanna see here Very Happy

+Bits
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: