Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 screensaver
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
marshymell0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:49 pm   Post subject: screensaver

anyone have any ideas for a few screensavers of different themes? the one I have, is of just some happy faces (actally they don't ahve faces yet, it takes forever to draw the arc of a smile). well here it is, but it looks kinda boring
code:
var x : int := 35
var y : int := 135
var rbody : int := 36
var reyes : int := 3
var kolour : int
loop
    randomize
    randint (x, rbody, maxx - rbody)
    randint (y, rbody, maxy - rbody)
    randint (kolour, 41, 103)
    drawfilloval (x, y, rbody, rbody, kolour)
    drawfilloval (x + (rbody div 3), y + (rbody div 3), reyes, reyes, black)
    drawfilloval (x - (rbody div 3), y + (rbody div 3), reyes, reyes, black)
    delay (10)
end loop
any ideas? lol tnx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Look in Turing Submissions for the hordes of 'ZOMG Trippy!!1oneeleven! w00t sooo kewllll!' type programmes. I'm sure you'll get some inspiration there...or at least an eye ache.
BTW, I do hope you realize that OOT has no fullscreen function ergo, you shall not be making any screen savers no matter how hard you try.
Well, I guess you could always go back and work off Turing 3x, which did have that, but good luck finding a copy.
GlobeTrotter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You don't need the randomize. Try getting rid of the delay, but leaving the randomize. Then get rid of the delay and the randomize. The randomize needlessly slows the program down. If you really want, you can put it before the loop.
marshymell0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool, without the randomize, it really does make it faster lol. do you think doing hamster dance would be hard? I don't plan draw a hamster, I'll probably just find one lol, and it's ok if it's not full screem
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually, randomize doesn't do anything. In fact, it hasn't served any purpose since before Turing 4.0 (probably since before winoot even).
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I used it in Turing V6 since otherwise everytime it was run the same sequence of numbers would come up, so you had to randomize the loop. I have Turing V6 (dos version).

Why the **** would they take out full screen abilities????
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: