Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 blending font into the background
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
acidburn90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:16 pm   Post subject: blending font into the background

hi... i was wondering if anyone knew how to have the words that i type in as input or the words that i want to show up can blend into the background....
if anyone could tell me how to do it i would be very grateful
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Are you talking like...

You type something in.

The computer displays white on black text.

Then it fades it to black on black?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1)
Hi. Welcome to the forum.
2)
Wrong forum. Razz This belongs in Turing Help.
3)
I think you are referring to the whole gross line that goes wherever you use put. Try using Font.Draw. You you can't get with Font.Draw. What you have to do use a loop and getch characters and parse them. If they pass all the parsing (ie. they are not the enter key, the escape key, the backspace key, the delete key, etc.) then add them into your string.
acidburn90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hi..its me again...
i didnt underrstand a word you said about the parsing etc...pleez explain
what i have is a picture that i have Merged into the background using picUnderMerge
and now i want the words that i type to be put with the background as the picture
the best way i can do it is using colorback... which totally ruins the pictyure after a few lines have been ouputted
Bacchus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

look at the bolded terms, use getch in a loop and then Font.Draw Font.Draw draws the text you want with a trasnparent background
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: