Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Updates
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
priester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:07 pm   Post subject: Turing Updates

It seems that the updates don't work on HoltSofts website, and I just reinstalled Turing on my computer, so I lost them (my computer crashed a while ago and I lost it). If anyone happens to have the update file (from v 4.0.1) could you please send it to me. Its probably a longshot, because I know I don't keep files like this on my computer, but I figured I'd ask anyways. I just registered here, but I plan on sticking around, cause it seems like a great board to post help questions and seeing other people programs.. I'll probably post a few of mine, if I ever get around to making some new ones or hopefully finding some of my old ones.

If you have the update files could you send me a private message or email me at mike.priester@gmail.com

Thanks a lot
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, I attempted that a few days ago too.

I'm going to get around to emailing the webmaster one of these days...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing is not free, so we cannot legally give you it. But you had to get it from somewhere; I suggest going back to your source, if that's possible. If it's your school, just ask for the cd (or ftp address, w/e).
Mind you, it would seem (at least for the recent version) that Holtsoft doesn't dig "updates". Rather, Holtsoft prefers just making a whole new installer for the version and distributing that. So, I don't think we could give you an "update", legally or illegally!
-Cervantes
priester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for anyone else having this problem, I emailed Holt Soft yesterday, and I got a reply saying that they "recently upgraded Turing to 4.1 and have yet to add the upgrade to our site". They attached the file for me, but my computer won't run it because they named it "Part 1.1" and my computer things it is a "type .1" program, and I can't seem to modify it.. anyways, it seems that if you email them they'll help you out (find the email on holtsofts site, Idon't remember what the addr is)
priester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, never mind, I opened it up with a text editor, and the attachment was just a copy of the email they sent.. so hopefully the new update will be online soon.
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, I got a CD from my school less then a year ago, didn't have the update. Blah.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

priester wrote:
for anyone else having this problem, I emailed Holt Soft yesterday, and I got a reply saying that they "recently upgraded Turing to 4.1 and have yet to add the upgrade to our site".

Did they say anything about the improvements they've made? Very Happy
priester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no.. heres the email..

Quote:

Hi Mike,
We recently upgraded Turing to 4.1 and have yet to add the upgrade to our site.
Where did you originally get this copy of Turing?
Thanks
Cathy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Say you hacked their site and they're a bunch of GG n00bs. Wink
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.. many ppl start hosting it on their webservers. . but they are all not available no more.. .. as a last resort.. pm me.. iwill 'hook; you up..
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well they are yet to add 4.0.5 to their site Rolling Eyes

we could all just start spamming their emails, demanding the release Wink
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol, I feel sry for all of you guys, I get free updates whenever he sends themto me through my teacher, I guess you could say i learned from the best between my teacher and Tom west they wrote all my lesson plans, and we always get to do alpha and beta test and get the new version before anyone anywere! Very Happy
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

acually if you look quite carefully.. you'll find the 4.0.5 on this website, lol kinda hidden about but thats where i got mine Smile
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes but the link's broken and I don't feel like screwing around with URLs. The page is (C) 2002, just as a refrence to how much work they've done in updating turing.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bacchus wrote:
acually if you look quite carefully.. you'll find the 4.0.5 on this website, lol kinda hidden about but thats where i got mine Smile
Shifty

HoltSoft Website wrote:
Modified: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 6:04:10 PM
Too bad they dont update it in any useful way...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: