Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Non coding problem
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:39 pm   Post subject: Non coding problem

When I formated my computer I had to reinstall Turing. When I did that I can no longer have more then one Turing file open at a time. At first I was like "Oh look beginner mode is on" so I turned it off, but I still cannot have more then one turing file open at one time.

I can still open a new file and then paste code into it and it will be like I have 2 open, but its a lot of hassel.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

reinstall Turing.

or use another editor and then just compile your files using Turing Wink
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
reinstall Turing.

or use another editor and then just compile your files using Turing Wink

I would reinstall but I cannot lolz. I no longer have Programming so I can't get the disk from the teacher :/

I copied all the Turing files and put them on a disk to transfer over to my computer when I formated it so no install file, if I had one in the first place Confused

If Only I could ask to send me there working version Evil or Very Mad Wink

Oh well I will bug the teacher on monday. Thanks tony.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Your school has the student version of turing which only allows one window so if you copied it form there you can't fix it, It is written as part of the student version.
Sorry Guy.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:42 am   Post subject: Re: Non coding problem

StarGateSG-1 wrote:
Your school has the student version of turing which only allows one window so if you copied it form there you can't fix it, It is written as part of the student version.
Sorry Guy.

Flikerator wrote:
I can no longer have more then one Turing file open at a time. At first I was like "Oh look beginner mode is on"
im guessing he was able to have more then one window b4, and i have never heard of the one window thing being hardcoded in so it cant be changed. i guess when he copied and pasted it, it got stuk in beginner mode somehow Sad
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well if he copied the config file as well, that would be the problem. Try to locate that and change some settings manually. Or try to get a hold of v4.0.5 Wink
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya v4.0.5 is a lot better, harder to find, but you can if you scroung around some topics lol
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bacchus wrote:
ya v4.0.5 is a lot better, harder to find, but you can if you scroung around some topics lol

I have version 4.0.5 Lolz.

At school we can have more then one window open Confused

Ill mess around with the config.

EDIT - I turned beginner mode back on, and it works lolz. Mine is backwords Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is hardcoded in certain verison, maybe he didn't have studemt and like he said he messed p the config.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

StarGateSG-1 wrote:
It is hardcoded in certain verison, maybe he didn't have studemt and like he said he messed p the config.

Its all messed up. I can open up multiple windows but some beginner stuff still happens (Minimizing the programming window). >< I wish Turing was a like a free C compiler Rolling Eyes
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: