Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 smart collision detection
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hello

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:22 pm   Post subject: smart collision detection

ok we are doin a shooter and we have a collision detection but the boundaries are a box so its not really smart and efficient. WE are looking for like a circular boundary to check for collision or use whatdotcolour
can anyone input on some plzzzz
give us something to start on
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you people will force me to get an "I'm crazy" certificate and quit compsci.ca Evil or Very Mad

http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=75

One of top posts under tutorials too. First post in that topic is box colision detection, scroll down to first reply for circular collusion detection.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
hello

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey there this is his partner

i tried looking around the submission but homing can't be found
our idea was this : the projectile would lock onto the current user's position and fire towards it. Now, it won't follow the user, but just shoot at the current position and go straight to it.

i tried using slope, but the obvious problem is all the Pic functions and drawoval features need integer co-ords, thus the rounding with div would seriously mess up the slope.

any ideas on an easier homing?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

keep location and velocity variables as real numbers and round only to draw the image. Although the slope might varry +- few pixels between any two locations, overall it will stay the same and you'll successfully miss as the user gets out of the way Smile
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
sloppyjoes

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow Hang, why can't you just keep ur comments to yourself.. your stupidity amazes even the stupidest of ppl so i wouldn't start talkin... and Mandric.. S C and Die..
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: