Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 ideas for a project?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ziddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:51 am   Post subject: ideas for a project?

Right. My question is, what kind of program would be "cool" to do? Most of us are doing games or some sort of graphics program. I'm thinking of something similar to miniclip's mummy game where you have to avoid the mummy and go to the exit without him attacking you?

...any ideas?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:58 am   Post subject: Re: ideas for a project?

ziddy wrote:
...any ideas?

8 pages worth of
ziddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I know, but I kinda wanted to ask you guys if you had other ideas for a project cause I wanted my program to be unique, or at least uncommon.

And the game idea would be more like a desperate thing, if I couldn't think of anything I'd go for the game =/.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

chances are you aren't very good at turing, and in order to make something very unique, you're going to need some skill. stick to basic games, and do a movie if you really want to. if all else fails go back to tony's reply
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

here, i'll give you a freebie...
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:47 pm   Post subject: Unique Idea's

Why are you doing a final project at start of second semester??
Or are you in one of those years long courses??

DO a math program or something like a calulator
Those are fairly Unique because ppl don't like doing them!!

8) Well except me 8)
person

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

teachers r usually impressed by things that r useful or games (from my experience)
ziddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Guys, thanks for the input so far.

StarGate: It's due by the end of the sem but he's been buggin us for our proposals and etc, we have to write a paper about what we're doing and how we're doing it.

Jamonathim: Thanks! I won't copy it or anything but at least I can learn player movement and etc. from the code ^^;. Cute prog btw o:
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Bakon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think my class lets you choose your own culminating activity, but if it did Im pretty sure Id try making an inventory database, or financial database, that works with sales, profit, loss, etc... This could be veryt useful for real companies to use, plus you could make the program very professional looking using GUI. functions in turing.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: