Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 1st Person Shooter
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:58 pm   Post subject: 1st Person Shooter

Im starting to make a first person shooter at school, and what i have so far is the gun, gun firing, ammo, reloads, the map background, and a mirror of the map so that when you rotate side to side, the co-ordinates of both maps move into the right spot, giving the "looking around the room" effect. My original idea was to just put random guys somewhere on the map shooting at you and you turn and shoot at them, they multiply, and so on and so forth. But i was wonderin how you would go about moving into the map without just scaling the pic larger, cuz eventually it'd look like crap, without using lines and rectangles in turing for a background. Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

3D render methor of choice!

I imagine raytracing vertices to be the simplest. Should also be sufficient if you stick to very plain gemetry.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... sounds good althought im not sure what you ment by
Quote:
I imagine raytracing vertices to be the simplest.
[I'm a little slow at times] Confused
Flikerator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Independed first person shooter..I can hardly do the graphics for my arial view 2d shooter...

Makes sure to post the project when you are done Razz
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin : how do you expect to render your map?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

By using Blitz Basic. 3D Smile

We need one of those emoticon's that has a big grin, but instead of looking happy, he's got the shifty eyes happening.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Im not really sure how i want my map to be. At first i was thinking like a small H - shape map, and that'd be cool if i could pull it off, even if the game ended up being a small 3d maze, but i think if im going to do that, im going to stick with lines and stuff, not pictures. But for my first-person shooter, i think for now i'm juss gonna leave it as, one dude juss kinda standin there, and he can hide behind his box (like Area 51 for ps1 or Time Crisis), and i'll for sure post it when im done ( and not pic by pic Rolling Eyes ). But as for Blitz basic, i'll look into that too, cuz that sounds like it'll be fun to mess around with.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
3D render methor of choice!

I imagine raytracing vertices to be the simplest. Should also be sufficient if you stick to very plain gemetry.

Are you kidding? Raytracing is helli-hard. That, and you'd be getting about a frame every 20 minutes.

I think you mean raycasting. Yes, raycasting would be your best bet.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
I think you mean raycasting.

ops, yeah Laughing
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, sounds hawt, i mite do that then Wink
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Search the forums, I posted a bunch of stuff about it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: