Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Array help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mike200015

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:00 pm   Post subject: Array help

Ok... so my program is like a store(you can buy things, and choose the quantity that you want for the item), and i have an array for the quantity of each item and i set the quantity to 0 at the begining, so what i want to do is display a message only if there is at least 1 item with a quantity higher than 0. So how do i make it go through all the quantities in the array, and chek if there is a value higher than 0, and once it finds at least 1 value higher than 0, then it will display the message Question
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
person

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for x:1..%watever
if %var% =1 then
end if
end for
mike200015

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but then if it goes through the loop and find a value >0 then it will display message, and then it will continue through the loop and if it finds another value >0 it will display again.. i want it to stop when it find value >0 and then display message

EDIT

Nevermind, I got it.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You got it, but did you get it the easy way? I'm guessing you did some stuff with boolean variables to make it work. The easier way is to use a function. If the condition you are looking for is true, result true. Go through the for loop like that, and when you finish the for loop, result false. As soon as a function reaches a result line, it results the value and terminates. So, as soon as your condition is true for any element of your array, the function will result true and exit.

code:

function checkQuantity : boolean  %the : boolean means the function returns a boolean value
  for i : 1 .. uper (yourArray)
    if yourArray (i) > 0 then
      result true
    end if
  end for
  result false
end checkQuantity

If you don't know functions, check the tutorial on this site. Search for it, I believe tony wrote it. Smile
mike200015

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
You got it, but did you get it the easy way? I'm guessing you did some stuff with boolean variables to make it work.

lol haha Laughing .. yea howd u know Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: