Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mouse Roller?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:06 pm   Post subject: Mouse Roller?

Is there anyway to use turing to detect the mouse roller? I want to roll it up and the weapon switches. I just need to know if it can detect it. I know if you press it with multibuttons you get 10 but I want to ROLL it up or down to switch between weapons in your inv.

I just need to know if its possible.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sure it is. I knew someone in my last computer science class that basicly made a game based on mouse gestures (like the mouse gestures extension on FireFox).

Basicly, you detect the bunch of the mouse's position within a short period of time, and if the slope of the lines between 2 points comes close to your predefined range, then you execute your change weapon procedure.
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats pretty cool, reminds my of black and white. Great game Razz

But im talking about rolling that round thing on your mouse, not the ball underneat. I mean the thing that moves the side bar go up and down. Not all mouses have them though, but most nowadays do.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Like that thing in the center. If its possible can you tell me how?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh, you mean the scroll button, well, that's even easier, the answer is: No (at least not to my knowledge).

Don't you hate turing now Razz
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

aw that sux, that'd be cool if you could . . . Sad
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darn that sux

I dont hate turing though ^^ Razz
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah man, turning's what boosts my average Very Happy, nice lil 100% in comp sci fills in for my 50's in eng.
Genesis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin wrote:
yeah man, turning's what boosts my average Very Happy, nice lil 100% in comp sci fills in for my 50's in eng.

I hope you don't plan on going to university with a 50 in english. Because your knowledge of Turing won't get you very far.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol nah. i just need over a 60 in it (which im hopin to do) and im gonna go to college and go into their comp programming course then the comp prog. analyst, which is supposed to be for game making, which'll be cool Smile
Flikerator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I hate my comps teacher. I got everything in the class 100% and he takes marks off because I didn't add enough extras. He said since I excelled I should have done more to improve on the work, more then I alread have. I tell you there isn't much you can do to a cashier program cept mess with the colours...

Oh well I pulled a 90% and that brougt my average up a bit, I get near 90 in english so Razz
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
I tell you there isn't much you can do to a cashier program cept mess with the colours...

Learn RGB. Make a nice introduction. Try fading a picture in and out (it's in Zster's tutorial).
Also, try using your own GUI, not Turing's built in stuff. Smile ... Shifty
Flikerator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
Flikerator wrote:
I tell you there isn't much you can do to a cashier program cept mess with the colours...

Learn RGB. Make a nice introduction. Try fading a picture in and out (it's in Zster's tutorial).
Also, try using your own GUI, not Turing's built in stuff. Smile ... Shifty

Learning GUI beggining of grade 9? Thats tough lolz
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

man, i feel so dumb, because im in gr.12 comp sci, and all of these other people are starting in gr.9, and by the time they get to gr.12 they'll be haXoRz, and i started juss last year in gr 11 Confused
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jamonathin wrote:
all of these other people are starting in gr.9

Amailer started in grade 7~8 Wink

But you still have quite an advantage over younger programmers because of other courses you already took. Most notably trig and physics.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I started in grade 10.

I got into Waterloo with a 50ish in physics. Go me. Now I have an 80 in it Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 37 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: