Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help with music
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Vivi1212

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:30 pm   Post subject: help with music

Hello, i have a fairly quick question, everyone knows the battle victory music from Final Fantasy. My question is: is it possible to get something like that out of the Turing play option? if not, any other ideas?
As well:
I have a winamp mp3 of it, but it plays the entire thing, i just want the first 5 seconds, is there any way to get turing to play only that portion? or can u reccomend an app which will let me crop the song?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If, when you say Turing play, you mean this:
code:

play ( "cde" )

then the answer is yes, but it would a.) take a very long time and b.) sound terrible.

For playing 5 seconds of an .mp3
[syntax="turing 4.0.5"]
Music.PlayFileLoop ("C:/Program Files/Ares/My Shared Folder/beatles - rain (1).mp3")
loop
if Time.Elapsed > 5000 then
Music.PlayFileStop
exit
end if
end loop
[/syntax]

Using pre turing 4.0.5, you'd have to resort to using processes to play your music. But understand that music is the only thing processes should ever be used for. Don't go thinking you should use processes elsewhere! Naughty

Lastly, a nice program for audio editing is Audacity.
Vivi1212

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont know how to thank you....other then to say....thank you! Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: