Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 clear GUI items from screen
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Naveg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:43 pm   Post subject: clear GUI items from screen

after a cls, the GUI items are still there, just not visible, how do i remove them all at once? without a dispose command for each
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cycro1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know if you can do all of them at once. I've always used the disable command to disable the ones I do not need.
Naveg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well what happens is i have a screen with a binch of GUI things, then i do a cls, and i have new GUI things. But what happens is the other ones are still there, so if i click somewhere where it was it shows up.
Naveg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in other words, i want to do something that is like...GUI.Dispose(all)...you get the idea.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

make a proc for it then Razz
Naveg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bacchus wrote:
make a proc for it then Razz

how....? sorry i'm new to GUI concepts
Bacchus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
proc watever
GUI.Hide(blah)
%reapeat for all :P
end watever
thats the easy way Razz
Naveg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bacchus wrote:
code:
proc watever
GUI.Hide(blah)
%reapeat for all :P
end watever
thats the easy way Razz

yea i could do that, i though there might have been a way to do it in a few lines. guess not. thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That would work ok but you need process instead it will work better and is less messy

This is a procedure example
code:

%Declares the procedure
foward procedure guiclear

%The procedure
body procedure guiclear
GUI.Hide(guiname)
%repeat as nessisary
end guiclear

You call this with its name

This is a process example
code:

process guiclear
GUI.Hide (guiname)
%repeat as nessisary
end guiclear

This is less messy and can be called without interrupting the program

If none of this works try combining the process with an array for the button and every time you make new buttons override the other ones.

Procedure sucks for small things
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If you're smart about how you declare all of your GUI objects, you can clear them with a simple for loop. As it stands, the best way to do this is to write a procedure to clear them all out.

Making it a process is a horrible idea. I've said this a million times before, but never use processes. They are inconsistant, unwieldly and don't behave the way that most people thing that they do. Forking music is the only exception to this rule.
person

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

procedures would be better for ur purpose
Naveg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

martin wrote:
If you're smart about how you declare all of your GUI objects

could you clarify please?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Vladimir wrote:
martin wrote:
If you're smart about how you declare all of your GUI objects

could you clarify please?

martin wrote:

you can clear them with a simple for loop

That would imply he's using an array of buttons.

StarGateSG-1 wrote:

That would work ok but you need process instead it will work better and is less messy

StarGateSG-1, this is important. Read this.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know who you think you are but i took those bits of code from a warking program I made 4 years ago and they still work today.

PROCESSES ARE NOT HORRIABLE UNLESS YOU ARE A NEWB TO PROGAMING YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE THEM RIGHT.

Turing is like any other language if you no how to use it right the possibilities are endless, you can't even write parts in C++ and run with it. After all all the commands are just groupings C++ hardcode in assembly.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

StarGateSG-1 wrote:

i took those bits of code from a warking program I made 4 years ago and they still work today.

Well, of course it'll work to some extent. If they didn't work at all, there would be no point to including them in Turing. But the thing is, they don't work well. Strange things can happen. Most of the time, everything will run pretty well fine because the randomness is pretty well 50-50 for two processes. Meaning that at any given time, both processes will have executed approximately the same number of times. But don't you think it's risky, since you don't actually know how your program will execute?

StarGateSG-1 wrote:

PROCESSES ARE NOT HORRIABLE UNLESS YOU ARE A NEWB TO PROGAMING YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE THEM RIGHT.

As far as I know, you can write some code that will ensure the processes run well (one at a time, one followed by the other, no randomness as to when either runs). But that's not very efficient, takes extra coding, and is needless.

StarGateSG-1 wrote:

Turing is like any other language

Very Shocked
Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: