Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ideas for a final Project - (Look Here First)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:05 pm   Post subject: Ideas for a final Project - (Look Here First)

This is just a few ideas I've come across for final projects throughout this course.

-Games are always most impressive (Check the games section)
-Make a mathematical program
-Make a drawing program such as paint
-Create an interactive story which leads the user to different places based on what they select
-Create an animation (This usually impresses teachers because animation is long and lengthy to do with turing)
-Create a screensaver (Something very impressive not the bg simply changing colors)
-Create a finance program that has different option such as interest over period of time etc.
-Make an automobile parts program which allows the user to take different parts and create a car (prices should be displayed)

***Remember, the larger variety of commands you use, the better your mark will be. Also, teachers tend to like practical programs which can be applied to reality Wink ***

I will be adding more to this so stay updated...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cycro1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

- A word processor with various options like save, load, open, etc.
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

-A slideshow utilizing various effects such as fade in/out etc.
-A 3 dimensional shape where you can change, rotate, and move the shape (ask me if you need clarification)
-A study program designed for kids targeting subjects such as math, english, geography, history, and science
-A program which will take coordinates from a user, draw the shape, and give things such as area, perimeter, dimensions, etc
-A virtual speakerbox that will respond to the user depending on user input (this is pretty hard and will take long to make, but its along the lines of the A.L.I.C.E. botm and would be pretty impressive to see someone make it with turing)
Flikerator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could have just edited your post ¬¬

Oh well lolz. Actually I don't have any classes but I think I will make some of these Razz

Keep the ideas flowing : )

Quote:
-A 3 dimensional shape where you can change, rotate, and move the shape (ask me if you need clarification)

You forgot 4th Dimensional, Catalyst 8)
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
Keep the ideas flowing : )

They are
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes, those are MAINLY game ideas. Also, it does not say ISP ideas so many people will not consider looking there
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

void wrote:

it doesnt have to be a game, it can be any program

As for people not looking there, I don't think that remaking the topic, just so the idiots who don't look there, is warranted. But, if you really think people won't look there, the title of the thread could just be changed... Rolling Eyes
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dude, why are you insulting me, I'm tryin to help out and your not being very helpful. I wasn't interested in your comments anyways, and I sure as heck did not ask for them Mad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I was not insulting you. When I said "idiot", I was not referring to you. I was referring to those who don't read the sticky. Perhaps the word is overly harsh: I apologize (to those who fall into that category; not to you xHoly-Divinity, because I know you don't fall into that category. I know you know about that thread, based on your reply.)
And I know you're trying to be helpful. It's just that all your final project suggestions would be better off in void's thread. That way, they are all together. This way, we've got ideas on the same topic in different places. It's not so nice for people to have to go searching through two threads for ideas on one topic.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes, well said. 3D Smile
Token

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

-a Program that manipulates a document with survey results
-a chat program
-a maze program
-a fortune teller

... the endless posibilities

Edit: i posted this before reading the one about the idiots Laughing
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nonetheless Cervantes I will keep updating this thread, people seem to be viewing it quite a bit.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

xHoly-Divinity wrote:
Nonetheless Cervantes I will keep updating this thread, people seem to be viewing it quite a bit.
maybe ppl want to read wat other ppl wrote? i agree with Cervantes, this should be one post. what you could do is quote all of the suggestions made here in the other topic and ask a mod to just change that posts topic to something more general.

@DrViper: r u trying to get banned?
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, so be it
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow, DrViper has really been spamming the site Mad .

P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this, but what do you do with the bits you have and how do you use them
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: