Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Winxp Parallel Port
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
icelator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:23 pm   Post subject: Winxp Parallel Port

i know that xp has some interesting things with ports and stuff so i was wondering if there is any problem with the parallelput/parallelget commands working in windows xp.

also i've seen the pinouts for a standard parallel port i have two questions related to this
1. are the pinouts or inversions different if i have an extended capability port
2. also in the reference manual i have for turing it says that it will add 128 when pin 11 is high but accorcing to the pinouts this pin is inverted does that mean i need to use an inverter logic gate on this pin or send a low instead of a high to get it to be counted as high by turing.

turing version 4.04c
windows xp home

thank you for any help you may be able to provide preferrably as soon as possible as my final prototype is due this friday. but i can work on other parts such as my circuit or 8051 assembly program.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've heard of difficulties with using parallel port in XP
link
icelator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for the link, i was talking with someone at my school about it today, and also ran some tests

you need to invert it,
the pinouts are the same

and as for working with the port we went into my bios and my parallel port was actually disabled.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: