Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 what are the character values for enter and space?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ste_louis26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:11 pm   Post subject: what are the character values for enter and space?

I'm tring to find the character values for enter and space for a game of mine but not having much luck. I made some code that gives you back the character value but it doesn't get space and enter and i don't feel like testing 256 values Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its in the turing tutorial
ste_louis26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it only gives code reference to letter values not enter and space
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol dont mind person he always refers to "turing tutorials"

anyways i think
space = 32
and
enter = 10
if u still want help on this
look up ASCII on google
ste_louis26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thx ....now i can go back to writing my game.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

basketball4ever wrote:
lol dont mind person he always refers to "turing tutorials"

And you always belittle person. Besides, he's right. It is in the turing help file: load the Turing Help File, expand Turing Language, select Keystroke Codes.
It's better to know to use that referance than to rely on people telling you every single keystroke code. It's better to be self-sufficient, right basketball4ever?
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol cerv, not as self sufficent as "turing tutorial" for (____ fill in ur own blank) sakes... i thought he meant compsci tutorials and i looked over the pages before realizing he meant turing help files. Rolling Eyes

self suffcient is one thing.

posting "help" that the original poster could've thought of, and i'm 100% sure st.louis did so (friend of mine... same school) did so... he coulda explained it as you did. Cos even if he said turing help files... i still wouldn't of found how to do it. I myself searched through the turing help files and couldn't find it till you posted your message.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: