Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Making a game into a .zip file that pictures can load from
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
joeblow9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:19 pm   Post subject: Making a game into a .zip file that pictures can load from

If anyone could please offer me some help... I made a game in turing, and now i want to be able to send it/give it to people, so I made my .t file into a .exe and i created a zip file including my .exe and all my pictures that I load in the game...
1) do i have to include the .t file (the turing file) in the zip file for the game to work
2) for my game on my comp I have all of my files in one folder for the game, and when I call the pictures I don't include the whole location (c:/documents and settings/jonathan/my documents/../main.jpg) but instead I only include the the file name "main.jpg" and it works, it loads the pictures, so I zipped all the files up, and sent it to a friend and the game works but the pictures do not load, how do I fix this problem? Cause if I have the whole target for each picture in the code then if I send if to someone the pictures are not going to load cause the target will not be the same...

so yea, there the problem, anyone who has an idea on how to fix this plese give me the heads up.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1) u dont need to include the .t file
2) the pictures should load if they r in the same folder
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

two things does the program crash or it still runs?
maybe something is drawing over the picture or u forgot a View.Update which only works with the new version of Turing so your friend might have an older version. also check if you saved the pictures correctly under the name that is used in calling them in the program. if u want post your code and we will zip it for u, but i don't think u want to do that.
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont mean to be rude or anything but..
Quote:

he didnt say anything about crashing and..
Quote:
maybe something is drawing over the picture or u forgot a View.Update which only works with the new version of Turing so your friend might have an older version. also check if you saved the pictures correctly under the name that is used in calling them in the program. if u want post your code and we will zip it for u, but i don't think u want to do that.

he says it runs fine on his computer
like i said before, i dont mean to be rude, but can u please just read the posts befor posting
joeblow9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah it still runs on my comp and my friends, we both have the new version of turing, just the pictures don't load, i'll attach the game, don't make fun of me casue its not amazing but here...k, i dunno if it'll work its 500 kb...

Yahtzee.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Yahtzee.zip
 Filesize:  446.68 KB
 Downloaded:  233 Time(s)

person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it works perfectly fine on mine
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
i dont mean to be rude or anything but..
Quote:

he didnt say anything about crashing and..
Quote:

he says it runs fine on his computer
like i said before, i dont mean to be rude, but can u please just read the posts befor posting

dude man... u should read more carefuly Rolling Eyes
he asked if the program crashes or runs. Meaning, that if the way the guy is doing it... still works? and how well and watsoever

2. the guy knows it runs perfectly on his computer... hes telling him how to make it work so that it works for all computers
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

he said it runs fine on his friends computer, just not the pictures. maybe
you should read more carfully
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cycro1234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Kool game. I like it Very Happy
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
he said it runs fine on his friends computer, just not the pictures. maybe
you should read more carfully

now ur just being dumb x_X... if the pictures don't load... it doesnt run "fine". You even commented "maybe" meaning you knew you were kinda wrong. Why post when you're wrong??? Question
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
sent it to a friend and the game works
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
Quote:
sent it to a friend and the game works

1.you're not quoting the whole statement

2.if that was the problem all along, why the heck do you think he would post this thread? he's trying to ask why it doesn't work fine, and if the program crashes if the pics are loaded. Rolling Eyes
cycro1234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Stop spamming the HELP section!
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

he's saying that it works fine except the fact that the pictures dont load...now did he say anything about crashing?
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

normally, if a picture doesn't load, the program will stop. So hes asking if it crashes or not. Theres two differences, 1. the code might be altered and all pictures may be taken out thus the game runs

2. IF it didn't crash, it means the pictures WERE loaded... just something else happened making the pictures not show up or be overlapped.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: