Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 .exe to source code
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:04 pm   Post subject: .exe to source code

is there any way to make a .exe program into a source code
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no i dont think so
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why do u think people make a .exe file in the first place. so u can't see the code. nice try!
person

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there's one for flash...i think...so y isnt there one for turing?
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
there's one for flash...i think...so y isnt there one for turing?

ummm ... think before u ask maybe??? dont mean to be mean or anything bud... but think. Why isn't it possible to make any game from an executable file to code??

go check out ur game files and stuff... try to find a way to turn em into code for java/c++ watsoever...

common sense man
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

basketball4ever wrote:
Why isn't it possible to make any game from an executable file to code??

He's asking why it's not possible, and you respond by asking (rhetorically) why it's not possible? How helpful. Rolling Eyes

As far as I know, person, there is no way to do this for Turing. If you need a reason, just blame Holtsoft. Wink

cool dude wrote:
why do u think people make a .exe file in the first place. so u can't see the code. nice try!

Don't forget: so you don't have the compiler for that language installed.
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
He's asking if it's possible, and you respond by asking why it's not possible? How helpful.

i'm trying to help him think for once Razz hes asking to be able to basically hack into a exe file so he can see a source code... (well thats basically hacking Razz)

so in other words... no u cant do it Rolling Eyes
md

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is no way of turning an exe into any kind of source without a LOT of work, most of it by hand. You can turn one into a assembler listing, but it really isn't all that useful.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

one could reverse compile Java though - but then again that's because Java is actually Javacode that JVM interprets at runtime.

Flash is quite similar. That's why both of them need a plug-in to execute, as oppose to .exe's - those are selfcontained
Trojan Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

People make executable files to hide their code or to make it work on a computer that doesn't have turing installed on it or whatever the case is.

The reason why you can't convert executable files into a turing code is because .exe files are written in the binary code. If you think you can convert buncha 0s and 1s into turing code, go ahead, give it a try...

There are certain programs that can convert .exes into code like C++, but I heard they don't work very well...

offtopic: basketball4ever, could you please try not to flam people saying these kind of rhetorical questions, basically trying to make the author of the post feel stupid. This isn't the first time im noticing this...

EDIT: Sorry, Never mind basketball4ever, i read more posts, it ain't your fault, its person who's always trying to piss you off, He pisses off other people too, but they usually try to ignore him, i suggest you do the same.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: