Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A test of skills
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
R.W.Z

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:01 pm   Post subject: A test of skills

Here is the thing I'm trying to make a program that creates a text file and hides it(Simple?I think not)

Heres what I got

var streamNumber : int
var fileName : string := "C:/File.Txt"

open : streamNumber, fileName, put
put : streamNumber, "How do I make the file hidden?"
close : streamNumber

There now if anyone can help I appreciate if not thnx for trying

P.S. - I'm not a newbe
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think that turing has that kind of options. You should keep in mind that turing was developed to simplify programming to understand basics in school at early levels. So naturally turing doesn't have that kind of power.

Now if you need to hide sertain information, I sujest encodding it, rether then trying to hide the file, since even though its hidden, it is still accessable.

Hopefully I'll get around to write an encodding tutorial over this weekend, meanwhile here are the basics:

Create a function to take ASCII value of character to be encoded using ord then run it through some math operations. To get back to original text, reverce the math operations. Make sure that you don't go over the ASCII limit - from about 15 to 255, else the character will not be displayed. You can display the new encoded text using chr(ASCII value)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: