Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Desktop Companion
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bill_ion_boi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:40 pm   Post subject: Desktop Companion

I am going to program a desktop companion in Turing and would like tips, if you have any, as to how it could be programmed etc?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well depends what kinda things ur desktop companginons do... explain...
HelloWorld

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:06 am   Post subject: Re: Desktop Companion

bill_ion_boi wrote:
I am going to program a desktop companion in Turing and would like tips, if you have any, as to how it could be programmed etc?

Well one tip would probably to use a better language. Turing isn't meant for things like that, I know, and I am sure it can be done, but still. Anyway, if you decide to continue on with this, post your program here. Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

so will it be like a .gif of a paper clip with random word bubbles? Confused
Viper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

is that even possible for turins to run out side of a turing window Confused Confused or will it be a continuisly running window
cycro1234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PLEASE do NOT make another annoying paper clip!! I mean, honestly who uses that guy??? I really dislike that guy...Neways, good luck wit it. Make it a Turing help guy, so it can help newbs in Turing.
zomg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cycro1234 wrote:
PLEASE do NOT make another annoying paper clip!! I mean, honestly who uses that guy??? I really dislike that guy...Neways, good luck wit it. Make it a Turing help guy, so it can help newbs in Turing.

hey i liked him for about 40 seconds intil i got sick of seeing his stupid animations Razz
HelloWorld

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cycro1234 wrote:

Yeah, I think thats a great idea, a companion for Turing. This would be great for any newbies. I would program it, but it wouldn't turn out that well, seeing as how I am a newbie. Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, this would actually be pretty easy. Get an animating character, and whenever the user clicks "help" then it says "use F8, F9, and F10".

Laughing
person

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

some examples include..microsoft word, excel, and all of the microsoft office software Smile
ste_louis26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, if you could make something even more anoying then that paperclip guy that would didn't know things could get anoying.
anyway it's an ok idea just don't make it anoying

Oh! it could be a kitten and when you quit it could get that sad face before disappearing
bill_ion_boi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What i was thinking of was just somthing to entertain you while a webpage, or aplication is loading. It would do thinks like roll and jump around, simply amusing itself and the viewer.

I just dont know where to start..., or what kind of commands would be ideal for this type of thing.
cycro1234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What would terribly amuse me is bashing someone, or something (paper clip dude) over the head with a steel hammer Very Happy Political people would also work. I mean, who hasn't wished to smack Bush over the head at least once in their life? Or Bill Gates for that matter. Not that I'm against them or anything.

As for what commands u need...I'd say a lot of procedures Razz
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

have it play with a ball or something. You can then take it away and throw it around and the character will chase it.

over time you can gradually increase the level of interaction. Such as throwing the ball directly at the character if you're feeling sadistic. Or simply not give it back.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sort of like the "snake" game you can play before loading some progs? It would probably be easier to make something like this in Flash or something - but it would be nice to see in Turing.'

How about trying to make it more annoying than the paperclip? Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: