Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Open source turing clone
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
atrain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:31 pm   Post subject: Open source turing clone

Hello, i was wondering if anyone here knows of a open source turing clone. I can run turing 4.0 on wine, but the new 4.05 barly installes, and wont run any programs without crashing...

If anyone here has any experience with turing and linux, please post it here.

Also, if someone has the 4.0.4patch file, i might try that. I dont want the installer, because the new installers are very buggy.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:49 am   Post subject: Re: Open source turing clone

atrain wrote:
Hello, i was wondering if anyone here knows of a open source turing clone. I can run turing 4.0 on wine, but the new 4.05 barly installes, and wont run any programs without crashing...

If anyone here has any experience with turing and linux, please post it here.

Also, if someone has the 4.0.4patch file, i might try that. I dont want the installer, because the new installers are very buggy.

There aren't any open-source clones, but there are plenty of other languages you could try.
Trojan Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing's made by Holt soft, they sell it and make money with it. I doubt they'd wanna give the source for free because of that. I heard something about Mac version of Turing, so I'm pretty sure there's a version for linux as well. You might wanna try finding that...
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well Holtsoft's site says:
Tommy W. wrote:

Microsoft Windows Turing 4.0.3 (See note below)
Latest patch: 4.0.4d
Apple Macintosh OOT for Macintosh 1.5.1

well... the latest version of Turing for windows is 4.0.5 and who knows what's going on with Macs Rolling Eyes

ether way - I'm with wtd here : there are plenty of other (better) programming languages out there
ste_louis26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that Mac has 4.0.5 also out because a friend uses it
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm still looking for a linux version... and my WINE won't run it...
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
ether way - I'm with wtd here : there are plenty of other (better) programming languages out there

And most of them have free implementations.

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=7146
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
And most of them have free implementations.

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=7146

and oftentimes free means better as they are probably open sourced and have a community of developers improving on it.

A number of senior members here tried to persuade Holtsoft into letting us improve the language (turing) in a number of ways, but they just laughed Confused go figure
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
atrain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my wine wont run the new version either....

i used crossover office to install it, because it said something abotu not enough ram Confused so it ran, but if i run anything wine crashes. I cant run it through crosover office then i have to use wine to run it.
atrain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

they do have a linux version, but i dont have it on my cd....

I will ask my computer teacher to order me a copy, as the school already pays for a licene for all the students...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: