Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Attempt to use Parallelput returns weird error about drivers
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Warhead76

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:52 pm   Post subject: Attempt to use Parallelput returns weird error about drivers

Hey everyone!

I've been working on a school project lately that involves using a parallel port cable (DB25) to activate a small circuit. Because of the work involved in this project, i've been trying to use a fairly modern computer with XP installed at home, along with an aged parallel port cable, to work on this. I recently reached the point in the program where i needed to activate the circuit. Now, i have managed to get both parallelput and the circuit working on the old school computers, but when i tried at home using the same version of turing as i did at school (version 4.0.1), i received the error message

"Unable to find I/O port device driver. DLPortIO.sys device driver must be correctly installed."

I can only guess that XP is assuming that a parallel port cable could only attach to a full peripheral, and that I've just tried to connect the db25 cable to such a peripheral without a driver.

My question is, does anyone here know if this is the case, if it's something else, and in either case, how to get my parallel port running smoothly?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

never tried this myself, but I do imagine that XP would complain about parallel ports (from the error message I dont think that XP supports parallelport at all).. Thinking try USB Laughing

anyways, since this is a school project your priority is to get this working on the school's computer, not your own (unless ofcourse you're going to bring your XP box to school)

though if you must work at home - try dualbooting your school's OS onto your computer.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: