Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 More Bomberman Help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Bacchus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:32 pm   Post subject: More Bomberman Help

ok this time i can see to figure out why some of the circles (their suposed to disapear when the bombs fire goes over them) wont disapear. its not done yet but you get the idea of how its suposed to work. ill also accept feedback to make it better.
-Bacchus
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Feedback: better movement. Having a delay of 100 means that sometimes you'll press a key and then release it while the delay is going on, so the key is never registered. To fix, reduce the delay and add a "cooldown" to movement. Create a timer for each player's actions. Every time he does something, set that timer to Time.Elapsed. The if statement (if keys (KEY_UP_ARROW) for example) should also include if Time.Elapsed > timer + 100 (or whatever cooldown time you want).

As for your actual question: could you explain a little bit about your array, "stuff". It's a pretty bad name for an array, but I think I understand that stuff is the array that represents all the puke-yellow circles. But, why is it a 2D array, and what does a value of 1 mean? Or anyother values that it might get.

I'd love to help, but I don't want to have to analyze your entire code. We're all very busy Confused
-Cervantes
basketball4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well ur prob working on it... but isn't the bombs a little too... big??? like they go too long Razz ? Other than that pretty cool, just fix all the problems with the bombable circles and it should be fine. the bad part is that you can actually walk over the bombs...
Bacchus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thxs for the feedback, ill try the lower delay and the cooldown thing. as for the problem im not even sure if it was a problem, i tried it today and it worked perfectly. i guess it was just when i tried with the very large blast. for th array, yes the array stuff is for the item things ( i couldnt thnk of another name for them lol) first its the 1..85 cause thats the amount of them and the other part of that array (1..4) is 1=x 2=y 3=(1 draw normal, 2 draw special item), 4=special item color, but doesnt matter i dont think its screwed up after all. as for walking over the bombs, they get placed right underneath you and after you move you cant walk over them. and the large bombs was just a test, starts out lower and its hard to keep such big bombs lol, besides when your running around placing these huge blasting bombs and like 10 of them its hard to stay alive, and when you die things are reset. thxs for the input
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: