Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Multiple client chat
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Zephyr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:47 am   Post subject: Multiple client chat

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read my post.
My friend and I have been jointly working on a program for internet chat, similar to the one offered in the Turing examples folder, only we want it to include multiple users.

Unfortunately, our knowledge of netstreaming is very limited, and we have no idea of how to approach this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and once again, thank you for taking the time to read this.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:38 am   Post subject: Re: Multiple client chat

Zephyr wrote:
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read my post.
My friend and I have been jointly working on a program for internet chat, similar to the one offered in the Turing examples folder, only we want it to include multiple users.

Unfortunately, our knowledge of netstreaming is very limited, and we have no idea of how to approach this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and once again, thank you for taking the time to read this.

well... u would have to use an array for the chat ports because unfortunatly turing canntor connect multple things on 1 chat port,
so u would have to change this with the chatport of server to change +1 everytime someone connects, and make the client search for each port until it connects to the server
(dont forget IP's too)

summary: make a server with array, make a client with array

good luck with this program dont give up like i did lol
Zephyr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you for your help. My friend and I will try to integrate arrays into the program. I just hope we can rewrite the whole thing to be based off arrays before Monday. Razz
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: